Service & Financial Model
WHy A New Model?
UW Continuum College is launching a new service and financial model for fee-based degrees. This new model is based on partner feedback and ensures the long-term sustainability of the program portfolio.
To give our campus partners choice and flexibility in managing their self-sustaining programs, we’ve unbundled our services. For the first time, you can run fee-based degrees using our core services, adding other services as needed. This model puts more decision-making power in the hands of our campus partners.
Starting July 1, 2023 (FY24), degree programs will pay a percentage of gross revenue to Continuum College in place of the current per-program and per-course fees. Implementing the fee model will eliminate the existing program management and infrastructure fees after FY23.
The Benefits of a Percentage of Gross Revenue Model
- Reflects best practices of peer universities for administering self-sustaining programs
- Allows for consistency with the way UW overhead is assessed on self-sustaining programs
- Promotes the fiscal sustainability of the current diverse portfolio
- Makes program costs more equitable since fees are proportional to program revenue
- Forecasting finances will be more predictable, making it easier to plan
- Enables lower fees in the early years while new programs are launching
- Adapts to the future capabilities of the university
Click the tiles below to explore the new model.