HOURLY LEARNING EXPERIENCE SERVICES
Want a brief meeting to answer questions about your course development? Or do you need a more extended session on a particular topic? Purchasing a block of hours enables you to receive personalized assistance from our Learning Experience team for specific projects when, how and as you need it. This is the most flexible and customizable option.
You may use a purchased block of hours for an individual course or program or across a suite of courses or programs during the fiscal year. Some ways to use blocks of hours include:
Learning Designer ConsulTations
- Canvas organization and navigation
- Assignment and assessment design
- Course outcome development
- Storyboards and scriptwriting for video
- Enhancing student engagement through active learning
- Training on how to use online technologies
- Consulting on best practices in online teaching
- Film scripted lectures in our UW Tower studio
- Film video content on location
- Edit video and provide ADA captioning
- Consult on best DIY filming practices
- Discuss learning technology options
- Review and assess new learning technologies for use
- Implement supported learning technologies into a course
The full Learning Experience team is available to assist you with online development, video or online teaching questions as they occur during the fiscal year.
Select from blocks of 10 to 500 hours to be used within the same fiscal year.
HOSTING AND TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Is your course ready for prime time? Can students access forums and assignments? Our support team is here to help ensure your course is student-ready and fully functional when it begins and remains that way throughout the quarter.
How We Work
Before each program offering, our production team will review your course to ensure it is up-to-date and links and media function as you intended. Our learning technology team will also install any additional technology needed and provide training on how to use it. What’s more, if you or your students encounter a problem during the course, our dedicated helpdesk is available to troubleshoot any issues with technology or Canvas.
- Canvas hosting and course setup
- Canvas support for instructors and students
- Implementations and support of Integrated Learning Technologies